Friday, September 3, 2010

Croissant, Pate Sucree, Creme Patissiere, Dacquoise, Poached Pear Tart

Chef's Mosaic

This has got to be the highlight of the course, the piece de resistance: Poached pear tarts. A sweet pastry shell filled with a thin dacquoise sponge sandwiched between layers of pastry cream, artfully decorated with mahogany pears, this is by far the most impressive dessert we have made to date.


The Many Faces Of Chef Michael


Abstract - Student Life

Notes and photo taking are an integral part of our learning process. Above: my illegible scribbles of the  complex steps of constructing a sandwich. 

Chef Keith Pays A Visit


Photo Taking Session

Behold! What Beauty Lies Within!

My Little Masterpiece

Not only is this the most impressive, it is also the tastiest dessert I've made, ever. I came home today, served myself a small tart, and savoured every delicious bite. The shell was thin and crisp, the pastry cream rich but in just the right amount, and the pears, oh my, the grainy texture I like about pears paired with the subtle red wine flavor, this is one tart I may not be sharing after all. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment